Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Coastin' in the Ghetto Cruiser

Gabe: Did you leave the car window down last night?
Me: No
Gabe: Are you sure?
Me: Well, unless I accidentally hit the button on my way out of the car.

We came out of my parent's house on Sunday morning to find the front passenger window ajar about 2 inches.

We tried to roll it back up once we started the car, but all we heard was clicking. As we started our way down the driveway, we noticed that it was slowly going down with every bump we hit.

Hmmm.

We still had a good 2 1/2 hour drive ahead of us to get home and we knew that the window was not going to make it. So we improvised . . .


I'm proud to say that it held up the whole way home, with just a slight cool breeze coming through the small gap at the top. I believe we hit a new high of classiness, don't you? Don't worry, it's been shuttled off to the mechanic. We're no longer shaming ourselves on the highway. I was just glad that we didn't have plastic flapping in the wind - now that's classy!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

That happened to us one time- I held it up (palms supporting it)for an hour drive because it was raining. Not fun! : ) Love the ghetto look.

Julia said...

That's amazing!!! :) One of our vans is currently like that...and has been for several months.