Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hi-eeeeee!!!

So about 10 months or so ago I posted a blog entry entitled "Our Social Butterfly". I would have used that for this blog, but I didn't want to be redundant.

But truly, we have a social butterfly on our hands...with one condition. He has to be the one who says hi first. If a stranger says hi to him, he gets all shy and quiet. However, if it's on his terms, he'll yell across a store (which he did today) "HI-EEEEEE!!!!!" And will just keep saying it until the person says hi back or until they walk away.

I do think this has something to do with the fact that it's one of the few words he has perfected. Although, his vocabulary is expanding every day. Sometimes he'll say hi and bye to things/people who aren't even there.

It's funny how some people react with a big smile, a wave and a hello back. And others react as if they didn't hear him (which is entirely impossible). But I also love how he doesn't care what the people look like or what they're doing. If you're there, you're getting a hello.

I do wonder how long this will last. Is this truly a part of his personality or will he grow out of it somewhere down the road? I guess that's part of the journey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope he never grows out of it! I love nothing more than a little one smiling and waving at me even though I'm a total stranger. This happened to me Sunday before church and it made my morning!!