Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! Wow, you don't realize how many mothers you have in your life until you want to visit all of them in one weekend! We did a lot of traveling this weekend, but honestly, what's new?
My Mother's Day was wonderful! I got to sleep in and was awakened by my two boys with smiles on their faces and breakfast in their hands. Gabe had made cheesy eggs, cereal, a banana and a donut (Entemann's Original - my absolute favorite!), along with juice and some hot spiced chai tea. Yum! It was certainly a breakfast made for a queen! Gabe gave me two restaurant gift certificates to use specifically for taking out a friend and having a quiet meal with no distractions. Who wants to go? If you butter me up, I just might take you! And my son got me a family membership to the Miller Park Zoo. We are definitely going to have to go there a lot this summer to see the animals! All in all, a great day! Here are some shots from the weekend:
Two peas in a pod

Bubbles!!

Mommy & Caleb (17 mos)
And I would have pictures from the other side of the family, except no matter what I do, they won't flip to be right-side up, so I'm choosing not to frustrate myself and others by posting them.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I have to be honest and say that I am a while behind when it comes to reading the blogs. yours made me laugh so hard when I got to the one about the crib being recalled! I say pack up the old girl, get a mattress (use it for bed time and have him nap in the pack n play). Get your voucher and have Gabe put together the new crib when you need it! Boy do you make me smile. Plans to move south?