Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Would you like a dolly for that box?

So I went to the store yesterday to pick up my regular 15th of the month groceries for the next two weeks. However, in addition to my regular fare, I also needed to pick up items to make the famous Osterwisch peanut butter balls. Since December is crazy this year, I'm not able to get together with my mom and my sister to have our annual cookie-making extravaganza. We decided that we would each make one or two of our regular cookies for Christmas, and then exchange what we made when I see them this weekend. I offered to do the P.B. Balls, because 1. I love them, they are my absolute favorite and 2. no one else likes to make them because they're a bit of a pain. So I lucked out in only having to make one cookie this year, but also had to do all of the rolling and dipping myself. I've come to the conclusion that P.B. Balls are better made in the traditional assembly line fashion.

Anyway, back to the store. I had to get Rice Krispies for the P.B. Balls (that's what gives them flair). I'm perusing the cereal aisle, and spot Snap, Crackle and Pop immediately. Wait, surely there is a smaller box. Don't those people at General Mills know that I only need 3 cups of their beloved cereal. And while Rice Krispies are good, I'm probably not going to eat them when I've got a delicious box of Cinnamon Life in my cabinet. Seriously, not even the generic had a box smaller than this. What are people doing with all of these Rice Krispies? I guess I'm going to have to buy some marshmallow and take care of it!


4 comments:

The Carpenters said...

I completely agree!!! I've got a box in my cabinet, too!

Jenny said...

Unless it is a family secret you should share the recipe!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey hey... just an FYI... I have the same problem with Corn Flakes. But I've found that you can make SO much stuff with Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes.

Angie's famous baked chicken:

Dip chicken breasts in
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

- Equal parts Corn Flakes or Rice Krispies (crushed) and Parmesan Cheese

Bake at 350 for 40-55 minutes (depending on the chicken)

The Rice Krispies even snap, crackle, and pop in the oven!

www.allrecipies.com also suggests brownies, muffins, sweet potato sticks, meatloaf, etc.

The possibilities are ENDLESS... and the case of the Rice Krispies is solved.

Happy Eating!