Break out the Tylenol! Or perhaps something a little stronger! The Myers family has had its share of aches and pains this week. On Tuesday morning, Caleb and I were playing in the living room. Since he's become pretty proficient at walking around with his car, I wasn't too worried as he pulled up next to the coffee table to look at his Big Trucks book. Well, he must have mis-stepped, because he tripped and fell head first into the side of the coffee table. There was screaming and crying, and to my utter dismay, an immediate bruise and bump. After all was said and done, he was fine, but he now has a quite the little blue bruise on his head.
Then that afternoon I started to develop a headache. Anyone who has known me over the past 10 years has known that I get headaches pretty often. However, in those ten years, no one seems to be able to tell me what is really causing it or what they really are. I've used sinus medication, migraine medication, no medication and on and on. Needless to say, whatever I was using didn't help and the headache (I'll call it a migraine because it really was that bad) lasted into the night and right through the next morning. It didn't go away until Wednesday evening.
Wednesday night we were changing Caleb's diaper. Being that he is so mobile now, laying down for a 5 minute diaper change is not his idea of fun. So as we tried to hold down our little C.T. Wigglebottoms to get a fresh diaper on, he wiggled and screamed until we had almost gotten it on. In the meantime, he was holding one of his new train toys (distraction is the key!) and got so upset about the diaper change that he smacked himself in the head with it. Ouch! Add that to the bump counter!
That brings us to Friday evening. After a blissful Thursday of no headaches, I was feeling pretty good. But Friday evening I started to feel that familiar pang of achiness on the right side of my head. Long story short, I still have the headache, and frankly after 4 days of this, I was in tears at the end of my rope. My doctor's office was closed, so I had to head to the Doc in a Box. Apparently, according to that doctor, I have a form of TMJ. Because my jaws do not line up, possible teeth grinding and stress, I am having migraine symptoms that are really caused by the TMJ. At this point, I throw my hands up in the air because I don't know what to think. No one has ever told me this, but I was so desperate to have relief, I agreed with him and promptly headed to the pharmacy. Want to guess how much 9 pills for TMJ cost? $176.60!!! Man, those pills better work miracles, that's all I have to say! So it's now 7pm, I have taken one pill and my headache seems to be subsiding - hallelujah! For my head's sake, I hope Doc in the Box is right - for my checkbook's sake, I kind of hope he's wrong, but I digress!
2 comments:
Wow! I sure hope those pills work! I thought $27 was bad for two prescriptions I had about a month ago. I can't imagine 176! I don't think I could've brought myself to pay it, but if it was that bad I guess I would have to.
Okay, wait a minute. How come it took someone so long to get that diagnosis? I hope you are feeling better. (I have a friend who has TMJ and she has had some surgery that cost over $100,000! I bet you'll take $176!) Love ya
Post a Comment