Monday, August 25, 2008

Kickin' It Poolside

We had a very exciting weekend, as we traveled down to Highland to visit my parents this past weekend. Prior to going down I had asked my mom if she thought my aunt Connie would mind if we came over to use her pool. Connie gave us the go, so we were off to St. Louis on Saturday afternoon to enjoy the cold water and get out of the heat (it was 95 degrees that day). This was to be a momentous day, as Caleb had never been in a big boy pool. He's only ventured into the kiddie pool, but loved every minute, so we didn't think this was going to be a problem. Amy and Andy came with their kids too, so we had some playmates to enjoy the day. So what was the verdict? I think we have a little fish on our hands. Caleb loved it! The water felt pretty cold at first, so he kept lifting his feet back out of the water, but eventually got used to it. He was kicking and splashing and even kept leaning his head down as if to put his mouth and face into the water. We went under the water one time - which led to a lot of blinking and spattering out mouthfuls of water. :) But all in all, couldn't get enough! Here's some shots of our little Nemo:



Come on, Ryan, let's go! (well, maybe next time for Ryan)


All that swimming and they still have energy to play!

Caleb Update: Still no crawling or teeth, but as you can see in the last picture, he is getting up on all fours very well now. I think it's only a matter of time. We had a big day last Tuesday, however, when I found him sitting up in his crib after his afternoon nap. Not sure how he did it, but I was such a proud mommy. Then later, I sat him in his crib while I went to hang something up and as I turned around he had pulled himself up to a standing position. He had the biggest grin on his face as if to say "look mama, look how big I am!" Thankfully, he has not put these two things together!!

2 comments:

The Carpenters said...

Caleb is SO cute! Coop loved the water last year, too, but really had to get accustomed to it this year. Not so much of a fan this summer. :(

Jenny said...

Oh, how did everyone else in the family enjoy the swimming?