Slurp.....slurp.....
Hmmm, that stringy white stuff looks pretty good. I should probably try it.
Apparently, if you make food look fun, kids will try it. Novel idea, I know. Caleb ate his first plate of spaghetti tonight for dinner. As well as an entire chicken breast. Only after he made it quite clear that he was a big boy and did not need his chicken cut up into pieces. Rather, he wanted to eat the whole thing still intact.
And so, the evidence that indeed, spaghetti is yet fun and satisfying:
Caleb had another discovery planned for me that I was not aware of. One ended in great delight as we've been having grand food wars on the Myers' front; the other enacted my greatest gag reflex.
As you can imagine, a bath was necessary after an unplanned encounter with spaghetti. So off to the tub we went. We were having the greatest of times, when I heard....
"...grunt...grunt..."
Oh dear.
Yep, you guessed it. I tried my best not to look too horrified while trying to figure out the best plan of action to remove my new problem. Oh, how far I have come. I remember babysitting back when I was 14 and I was charged with giving the kids a bath. One of the little angel children pooped in the bathtub. In my 14-year-old wisdom I removed the child from the poop-infested waters and promptly left the poop for their mother. I was no one's hero, and wasn't about to become one that day.
And so back to tonight....with every bit of mother's love, I reached in grabbed the culprit(s), flushed and washed....thoroughly, over and over and over.
1 comment:
That CRACKS me up!!! ;)
Post a Comment