As many of you who live in B/N know, ISU has decided to tear down Walker and Dunn/Barton residence halls. Once complete, their plan is to construct a huge recreation center in its place. I understand the need for it, but it just breaks my heart to see what has become of my beloved Walker Hall. Okay, so it was only a dorm and frankly, a really old dorm. In fact, old enough not to have a/c (whoa!), but it was still close to my heart. I had a lot of good memories all rolled up in that little 10x10' Walker 158South. Actually, I think it was bigger than 10x10', but sometimes it seemed like it. No matter how much you like your roommates, that's close living!
Anyway, for those of you who once dwelled in the halls of Walker Hall, here are a few pics of what it has become. I'm actually sorry I didn't get to it before they started construction, but I procrastinated. On the plus side, the windows to my room are still there! But surely not for long!
Looks like a future alum!
3 comments:
Was the front of Walker really that glorious looking? It makes my heart a little sad too to think they are going to rip it down. But isn't that the way our society is, our with the old, in with the new!
This is terribly sad! Oh the memories - I mean we had a triple! The dance parties (with the three of us) were unmatched! Oh Walker Hall you will be missed - mung filled (dust bunnies) and all. And whenever I hear the elevator music on the weather channel and start tapping my foot and singing along...I'll think of you...
I miss it so.
Why did we not go get our picture in front of it in April?
Post a Comment