Friday, August 15, 2008

One Great Clip

Just an update on the munchkin...still no teeth, still not crawling. It's a race for which comes first, but I'm rooting for the tooth. I was hoping that he would get it before Gabe heads back to work - I still have 2 more days to keep that dream alive. So today I ran a few errands to prepare for the weekend, etc. I wanted to get my haircut while Gabe was still at home so I could go without Caleb and the carseat. Being the ever-money-conscious woman that I am, I decided to run to the Great Clips down the street, because I, of course, had a coupon (and I really only needed a trim). They told me it was going to be about 10 minutes, which worked for me and I promptly sat down to read one of the magazines laying around all about the fashion world that I have no idea about. As one of the ladies was leaving she said, "hey, I have this coupon and it expires today, do you want it?" SCORE! It was a dollar more off than the coupon in my pocket (I know, Great Clips wasn't going to drain my pocketbook to begin with, but I'm cheap). I hear my name called and happily bounce off towards the salon seat. Hmmm, should I be worried that the lady who is about to cut my hair has dreds? We have some pleasant conversation and then she proceeds to tell me that she does her hair in dreds because it's so low maintenance and she just doesn't like doing her hair. Wait, what? Hold the phone, I hope you care more about my hair than your own! Okay, I didn't say that, because as you know, I'm totally nonconfrontational, but you know I was thinking it. I laughed politely, stuck my tip in the jar and quickly paid for my Great Clip clip. I still am not sure that she did a good job as she only used the blow dryer on about half of my actual hair, leaving it going all over the place and partially wavy. This was after I asked her if she would blow dry it because it gets "weird and wavy" if I don't. Then after she finished, she said "yeah, you weren't kidding, your hair really does get funky". This is where you can imagine me smiling politely again. :) Anyway, stay tuned until tomorrow - my hair should be flatter and straighter.

Oh yeah, lookin' good!

4 comments:

The Carpenters said...

I love it when I see purple-haired or bald hairdressers/beauticians/barbers. Isn't it great?
My hair does the same thing yours does. Funky-haired girls, unite! :)
By the way, the cut looks great. :)

The Carpenters said...

Oh, Laura, I just have to comment that I loved your comment that you left for me. How true! If I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone's opinion of my belly... ;)

Jenny said...

Dude, your hair looks shorter. It must really be making up its own mind today, but you always look great!

megs @ whadusay said...

I was thinking about trying Great Clips - I too have a coupon and am cheap, but maybe I'll pass ...

Although your hair turned out great!

By the way, I could completely identify with your nonconfrontational woes at the hairdresser - that would have been me too! :)