It's March Madness time again! As many of you know, that means extra birthday time in the Myers family! I'm determined to win this year. I think everyone has won at least once since we've started this except for me, so I'm due! If many of you are distressed that you will be losing your husbands to overwhelming amounts of basketball watching, let me encourage you to join in on the fun with the promise of an extra birthday. You do NOT have to know anything about the teams, and I promise you'll care more about what's going on in the weekends to come by having a vested interest in who does well.
Here are the rules:
1. Find 2-4 people to play this with you. I think this is the right amount, because if you get too many people playing at the same time, your teams will overlap and the points won't count.
2. Every person picks 8 teams. Once the teams are picked, you share them with your other players to see what everyone choose. You may have some overlap and that's okay.
3. You get points based on the seed # of the team you pick. So for instance, if you pick #1 Duke...you will only get 1 point everytime they win a game. If you pick a #16, you're banking on a #16 beating the #1 team in the first round (not likely, but would score you a lot of points). You add up your score at the end of every round of the NCAA tournament.
4. You have to be strategic with the teams you pick. You want them to be a high numbered seed, but not so high that they won't go far in the tournament.Your goal is NOT to pick who is going to win the tournament, or even who gets to the Final Four. Your goal is to get points. So even if you pick a #7 that wins twice, that's better than picking a #1 who goes all the way to the Championship game. You'll get more points.
5. At the end of the tournament, whomever scored the most points wins an EXTRA BIRTHDAY!! The people playing with you commit to providing the winner with a cake and presents as if it were their birthday.
I'm telling you, this is the best way to spend the NCAA tournament weekends. It makes me care about games against Penn State and Texas that I would normally not give a hoot about. But start picking your teams now! The tournament starts on Thursday, so round up your friends or family and start picking. Brackets are printable online! Good luck!
1 comment:
I have been thinking about you and your bracket! Good Luck!
Post a Comment