Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My friend Jenny

I have a wonderful friend named Jenny. Well, actually, I have many friends named Jenny (alternate spellings include Jennie) due to the many baby girls born in and around 1979 and 1980. :) But this weekend, I was able to spend a very enjoyable 4 hours (almost 5) with my friend Jenny.

We went down to Highland to visit the folks this weekend. We don't often go down without plans for the whole entire weekend, but I actually had Saturday afternoon completely empty. So I asked Jenny if she wanted to go to lunch. We hit Mazzio's for a pizza and pop (or soda, if you will) and literally sat in that booth for 4 hours. In the restaurant biz, that's called "growing roots" and if you're a waitress, you hate people who grow roots. But we didn't care. We just sat there solving all of the worlds problems, talked too much about Facebook, everyone we know in Highland, and just simply catching up.

Jenny is one of my oldest friends from, I think, junior high. By high school, we were pretty much inseparable. At one time, we kept a list on my parents refrigerator for every time Jenny came over - I think we had to stop somewhere in 1996 when we ran out of room, but didn't want to erase it.

Thanks for the great afternoon chat, Jen! It was so lovely to see you. You really are a blessing to me! I hope we can try and make it a ritual! Maybe we'll have to start a new fridge count!

No comments: