Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snow Daze

Is anyone else feeling a little housebound? Gabe officially had 3 days off of school because of the temperatures. It was sort of a crummy way to have off of school though. We had beautiful fluffy snow to play in, but it was too cold to go out and enjoy. Needless to say, we chose the warmest of the days, planned a 5 minute trip to the backyard (which took at least 20 minutes to prepare for, if not more) and here was the result:

Lookin' good!

I know you can't tell, but there is screaming and tears going on in this picture. He gave the snow a big thumbs down.

This is our door jam from our front door. It was so cold outside that there was actually frost built up on the inside of our door.



Being housebound meant that we finally decided to tackle cleaning out our closets. Caleb decided that he wanted to keep Daddy's cool Hawaiian shirt. (I'm sure there is a story as to why Gabe has this shirt, because thankfully, I've never seen him wear it).




2 comments:

The Carpenters said...

I totally agree. How crummy to have snow days and not be able to play! :(

Jenny said...

We had no snow days down here. 3 days is a lot. Is Gabe ready to go back?