Monday, June 4, 2012

Travelin' Fools

June is proving to be just as busy as May, but is that really a surprise?  We're about to embark on 4 birthdays, Father's Day and our anniversary.  Yikes! But here's a recap of what we did at the end of May.  You can expect a big drop in posts while we do life for a bit in June and then I'll give an update.

1st Baseball Game of the Season
Gabe got free tickets to a Cornbelters game, so we decided to take the boys.  It was free to sit on the lawn, but you had to pay more money if you wanted seats.  We decided the lawn would be good so Owen could crawl around.  They neglected to tell us the lawn was at a 90 degree angle.  We had to do our best to keep our kids from rolling down the hill.  It was fun...but we only lasted 2 innings.  Now we know. :)


Memorial Day
We drove over and had a fish fry over at Aunt Candy's house.  I'd like to share more pictures of our afternoon, but they mostly consist of Caleb and Gracie running through the sprinkler.  And while that's cute, we didn't plan ahead for sprinkler festivities, so we let Caleb run around in his underwear (they live in the country).  No underwear pictures for this blog.

Vacation to Indianapolis
This was Owen's first real vacation!  Don't they look excited?  We decided to make a vacation out of going to visit Gabe's mom in the hospital while she had her (second) knee replacement surgery.


Our first stop was the Indianapolis Zoo.  Both kids really enjoyed it.  I thought for sure Owen would sleep through most of it, but it must have been exciting enough to keep him awake.  Caleb got to feed a giraffe some sweet potatoes.  He later informed me that giraffes clean out their noses with their tongues.  Hand sanitizer, anyone?


Each kid got a souvenir.  You probably can't tell in the picture, but Caleb opted for a grabber with a huge tiger head on top.  It was so much fun, he fell asleep in the car playing with it...makes a good headrest.

Wednesday was set aside for visiting Marilyn and just relaxing.  Then on Thursday, we headed to the Indianapolis Children's Museum.  Boy did we go at a great time.  They had this huge Transformer in the lobby, a dinosaur exhibit, a Lego exhibit and a HotWheels exhibit.  Caleb was in heaven!

 Digging for artifacts....given our recent pink-eye epidemic, I was very wary of putting those googles on.  I'm happy to report that there have been no incidents since.
 Hee-hee! Caleb and Owen driving in a cool, blue car.  I also have a pic of Caleb driving.  Right as I snapped the picture, three little girls hopped in the front and back.  He looked like quite the man in his hot rod.


 Hanging out with mommy in the Lego exhibit - too many little pieces for the little man.

Both boys got to ride a horse on the huge carousel.  Owen loved all of the lights and rockin' away to the music.


ISU/Walker Hall Reunion
Every year all of my college roomies and their husbands and kids try to get together to do an ISU Reunion.  Generally everyone comes to Bloomington because it's centrally located.  However, our families are ever-growing and my house can no longer easily fit the 10 kids (all 6 and under) and 9 adults.  So we decided we would do a picnic at the park.  Oh, how I prayed for no rain! We did get a little and it was chilly, but we made it work!  And had a great time!


Jennie with Owen.  I think she was his favorite - lots of smiles for Ms. Jennie that day.

Caleb played a little baseball with Ben Schwab and the other little boys.

I'm so proud of my husband.  He convinced Cody to play a pick-up game of basketball with these two 22yr old guys at the park.  He's still got it!

Jenny and I are starting photo albums of Maggie and Owen....in case they get married someday.

And of course, the lovely ladies.  I must say, we look GOOD!  As mentioned on Facebook, we've really improved ourselves in 10 years.  Yes, it has been 10 years since graduation.  Oh how far we've come! 
l-r: Aubrey, Jenny, Jennie, Sara, me


No comments: