Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Caleb!

Today Caleb is 4 years old! I know all moms say this, but seriously, where has the time gone? I commented to Gabe about how easily I can take myself back to that day in the hospital. I suppose all mothers feel that way. It was a pretty eventful day in our lives - he made sure that December 2nd was all his - my water broke at midnight and he was born by 5:39am. He made quite an entrance!




 
To my son: You are an amazing gift from God.  You are sharp - each day you teach me that you learn so quickly, pick up so much and are smarter than I ever give you credit for.   You are particular - you love rules, especially when you are the one setting them, and you love things to be in order and in their place. I admit that your Daddy and I probably had a little to do with that OCD behavior.  You are funny - you love to make up silly words, tell jokes and when in a comfortable setting, be the center of attention. You are a negotiator - You definitely have your Daddy's gene for finding the loophole in almost everything.  While this is frustrating to your mom sometimes, I know it will serve you well as you grow and think "outside the box".  You are handsome - never have I known a cuter little red-head in my life! You are kind and patient - we worried about how you would react when Owen was born and you have been nothing but loving.  You are so kind to him and love to kiss and hug him everyday.  He couldn't ask for a better big brother.  We love you, son.  And I'm looking forward to this next year with my 4 year old - oh the things you will teach me!

No comments: