Thursday, August 5, 2010

Michigan 2010

We were lucky enough to go on vacation with Gabe's parents again this year. We decided to head up to Michigan to find some fun. And we did! Here are some pics from the vaca:

The Bubble Man - courtesy of the Kalamazoo Public Library. Want to know how to make a perfect bubble: 10 cups water, 2 cups Dawn, 1/2 cup glycerin. You'd be amazed.
The Bubble Man was good - but it was naptime. Grandpa had to carry a tired little boy back to the car.

The next day we went to Battle Creek for a Frisbie Dog Show. It was sort of a bust. Too much talking, not enough dogs jumping. Caleb found a pinecone he was much more interested in.


Since the dog show was a bust, we decided we needed to hit Binder Park Zoo. Here we are on the tram to Africa.
The best part of the zoo was getting to pet and feed the giraffes. They come right up to you.
No, we do not know this girl...but check out the tongue! It looks like they were posing together for the photo.
Family shot!
Perhaps my favorite pic of the entire vacation. Isn't it beautiful?
Caleb caught his first fish on vacation. Grandpa said it was the biggest blue-gill they had caught that night. Doesn't he look so proud? If you ask him, he'll tell you "it was this big" with his arms as wide as possible. A true fisherman at heart.
On decidedly the hottest day of our trip we went on a 1-mile surrey ride in Portage. I wish I was two so I could ride in the basket on the front!
The following day we left Three Rivers and headed to Lansing. After a date night for Gabe and I which included jazz at a local cafe, a walk on MSU's campus and a movie, we got up the next morning and headed to their Discovery Musuem. This is a pic of Caleb inside a bubble.
That night we did glow-in-the-dark mini-golf. It was hit! I won the first 9!
Our last day was a Sunday, so we visited a couple local churches (morning and evening - some lively....some not). Grilled out at the hotel and played some basketball.
It was a great vacation! We headed back to IL on Monday. Thanks to Tom and Marilyn for making it such a great trip. We had a wonderful time and have a ton of memories (and pictures)!

2 comments:

jmpgarnet said...

very nice....glad to see a post and some pictures!

Jenny said...

I wish I was two so I could ride in the basket too!