Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What happened?

Gabe recently ordered some materials for his classroom to be delivered to the house. This is how the box came....


Hmmm. The UPS guy was gone by the time I got to the door, so I couldn't ask him about it. At first glance I thought, "well, maybe something happened to the box and they just taped it back up." But apparently someone had a desperate need for a Boomwhacker CD and book, tore open the box, removed the items, stuffed paper inside and taped it back up. Again, hmmmm. Gabe called the store and they sent out a new one right away, but I guess the guy was pretty upset with UPS - they delivered a damaged, empty box. Classy! Another question to ponder...who, besides an elementary music teacher, has any desire to own a Boomwhacker CD and book? I should also point out that the other side of the box had a big white label that said "Fragile - Do Not Drop!" Oh the irony.

In other news, the weather is wonderful so here's some pics of being outside. Hooray! I didn't think my two-year old could make it inside for one more snowy day!



Caleb also discovered the "Cars" CD, which I'm now wishing I had also discovered a little sooner. We put it on via iTunes last night and he marched downstairs by himself and started dancing. I checked back a little later and he was just sitting at the computer, dancing and singing. Aha! A new secret weapon for getting dinner done!


1 comment:

Jennie said...

Ummmmm...I know I am a teacher, but I have played with boomwhakers and they are AWESOME!!!! Therefore, it was WRONG to steal the cd and book, but I do understand the allure!! :) my question: does the culpret have boomwhackers to go with the book!?!?!