1. The windows - I love being able to see outside and get natural light just about anywhere. We went from having a total of 4 windows to 13 windows. Hooray for seeing outside!
2. A real washing machine - okay, so it might be harvest gold (circa 1983 according to the plumber - that story later) but it's a full washing machine. That means I can actually do more than 1 pair of pants at a time. Blissful!
3. Only 2 bathrooms - While one might think that going from 3 to 2 bathrooms is a down-grade, I contend that it only means less time cleaning bathrooms and that's a plus for me.
4. The office - there are so many things that are great about this room - let me count thy ways. First, my cell phone works in the office, which is a victory since I need my phone while encouraging the moms of the world one conference program at a time. Second, the abundance of overhead light. If you were ever at our old place, it was a very dim little office room. And last, my treadmill. It fits! After begrudgingly storing it away when Caleb was born because of lack of space, it's finally made an appearance again so I can use it....but will I, that is the question!
5. The bathtub - one doesn't think about these things when they buy their first house, but in the old place we had shower doors instead of a shower curtain. Giving a kiddo a bath with shower doors stinks. Hooray for movable shower curtains!
6. The garage - this one is a given, of course, but I can't recall how long it has been since I've had the luxury of getting in a semi-warm v. frozen with ice car in the winter. Heaven!
7. Neighbors - yeah, they can be good and bad, but we've had our share of bad (anyone remember Tina and her Tiny Tots?), so I'm ecstatic with normal neighbors (no pun intended). Plus, we had one of our neighbors offer to give us their wooden outdoor playset for free. How awesome was that?! Not so awesome to move (not that I know, it was more of a guy type job and it took about 10 of them), but awesome for us to get for free.
8. A yard - another given, but Caleb just loves it. He even has "his tree".
I'm sure I could find more, but that's all for now! When are you coming to visit me?
2 comments:
so happy for you guys! i can't wait til i can eventually come see the new place!
When do you want us? :)
Post a Comment