Yeah, that's right. I made our first call to Poison Control yesterday. I want you to know that I handled it with a very cool head, if I do say so myself. Here's how the morning went. We got up, had breakfast and then Caleb watched a little Dinosaur Train on PBS (it's educational, so it must be okay) while I hit the treadmill. We go upstairs afterward so I can take a quick shower. This has never been a problem...ever...until yesterday. I get out of the shower, go into my room and see Caleb holding my little bottle of eye drops. This isn't terribly uncommon, as he likes to pretend to put eye drops in (with the cap on, of course). However, I noticed that he had really done a number on chewing up the bottle this time. When I went to pick it up, it only had about 1/4 of what was originally in there left. I looked at him and said, "Buddy, did you drink some of this?" and he stopped for a moment, looked out to the side like he really had to ponder the question and said "umm....yeah!"
So needless to say, I called Poison Control. She assured me that it was probably a very small amount, but that the active ingredients have the potential to make him vomit. Yeah. So after getting instructions to give him 4 ounces of milk, I hung up and whipped out the sippy cup. I'm happy to report there has been nothing to clean up. Hooray!
2 comments:
yikes! glad to hear that Caleb is ok.
That makes me smile! I know poison isn't a laughing matter but I can just hear a almost 2 year old saying "ummm". I am glad he is well!
Post a Comment