Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday at the Park

On Wednesdays in the summer, the city provides free lunchtime concerts. When I was working downtown at "the Farm", Gabe would come and visit me over lunch and we would enjoy the free concerts together so I could get away for 30 minutes. Now that we're both home, we've tried to make it out as much as we can to listen to the music, enjoy a sack lunch and watch all the kids run around. Caleb especially loves that part. Caleb even made a friend while we there - his name was Moe. He immediately saw Franklin the Frog and wanted to show Caleb that he could play with him too! And by chance, April happened to be there with Grace, so they had some cousin time, too!Some of the concerts are good and some are, well, laughable, but we enjoy them. Today was a jazz quintet, which was well worth it. I think we're going to have another jazzer in the family before he can even say the word. The last concert we went to was "The Dynamics" and well, they might want to rethink their name (smile). All in all a wonderful summer day!


Enjoying a few PBJ sandwiches in the shade

My little red-head! You can't tell in this picture very well, but it's there.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, Sam has that paci. I wish we lived closer. We could bring our jelly sami's to the park and listen with you!

The Carpenters said...

Us, too! We've tried going to the park on Wednesdays. It's happened once this summer. :( It's been a BUSY summer! Where did it go? I bet it's great having Gabe off all summer, too. Lucky you two.
By the way, Caleb has changed SO much! He looks so much older. And LOVE the red hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Laura, I'm loving that I can keep up with you & your so-cute family thru this blog....and I can't get enough of the pic of Caleb sitting next to his daddy on the blanket in the park. Ah....makes me hate sitting here in my office surrounded by fluorescent lights. Caleb is a lucky little boy! Have a fabulous weekend!